Monday, May 29, 2006

Day 8 of our 10 day juice fast

Julie Queen and I are trying to get healthy. We cut out coffee and wine about a month ago, and are now at day 8 of a 10 day juice fast.
It's been really amazing not to eat food for awhile. So much energy is taken up with preparing food, cleaning up, driving to get it, etc.
At day 4 my sinuses cleared up. Day 6 people commented that my eyes seemed really bright.
Day 7 my sense of smell became almost supernatural. I walked by a salad bar and could differentiate between all of the smells. I never experienced that before, and with chronic sinus problems have a had a lousy sense of smell my entire life.
At this point in the fast everything sort of sparkles, it's way fun.

We had done 2-3 day fasts in the past, this is a marathon in comparison.

People ask if we're hungry. Not really, once a day or 2 goes by, you get very used to it.

We cheated and had Lisa and Abbot Paul of Juicey Lucy's make the juices for us, 5-16 ounce jars a day full of organic fruit and veggie concentrated goodness. It's a bit pricey, but compared to eating out, very cheap. And extremely cheap when you factor in the expense of the alternative, colon cancer or obesity!

Juicey Lucy (ask for Lisa) 703 Columbus Avenue, (at the corner of Filbert Street by Washington Square Park), San Francisco, CA. 415-786-1285

No comments: